Download and instal the FSAirlines Tracking Client here.
Settings for the
- Ok so if you followed the links and completed the sequence you should be
a member of the virtual airline and have the flight tracker installed.
- Open the tracking client then log in with the username you registerd
- Then go to (options)
- Tick Automatic login at Startup
- Tick use (simple fueling method)
- Tick (play sounds)
- Set Flight Simulator interface to Automatic
- Tick (flight monitor tracking)
- Tick display text in Flight Simulator.
- Disable minor penalties is optional. Ticking this option means every flight will have a performance rating of 90% or less. This will affect your FSA pilot ranking but does cover some of the lessor penalties.
- Disable autosave. FSA Client provides an option to recover a flight in certain circmstances e.g. pc system failure. It will not allow you to recover all flights.
- Now go onto the FSAirlines.net website, log in and go to your profile
- Then press (Edit profile)
- Change (Unit of weight) to LBS, By default
it is set to KG, you need it to be on pounds because you need to estimate your
fuel and most of us use Feet/Pounds when flying.
Client setup is complete. These options can be edited at any time.
Things you need to know.
You should only
ever need a free account; however, you can purchase a gold account if you so
desire. Gold accounts provide a little more data statistics and has no
FSAirline advertising. All relevant data that may not be provided with your
free account is posted on our own site in these pages.
memberships allow you to buy tickets to any listed airport with no cost to you
v$s. A VA must have at least one active
- Pause your flight for any amount of time
- Circle the destination Airport for any amount of time
Things you cannot
- Use slew
- Refuel in flight. Fuel may only be added through the Tracking Client. The tracking
client will fuel your plane in Flight simulator and load it as well. Do not
change your fuel once your flight is active.
Choosing your first flight:
- Visit Fleet page at redglobalairlines.org and view which Aircraft you wish to fly. Take note of its location and
- Go to your Profile on FSAirlines (click My Account link top right). If you are not at the correct airport, buy
yourself a ticket (top RH margin) to the location where the Aircraft is parked by typing in the required Airport code and press continue. You will be immediately put in that location (at a personal cost to your VIrtual money only). You need to be in the same location as the Aircraft to continue.
- Go to Book flight on FSAirlines and
book your Aircraft to your destination of choice. Choose carefully because
cancelling flights costs you virtual dollars.
- Load your Flight Sim at the parked location at a gate with parking brake on, then make a flight plan in Flight Simulator.
- Work out your fuel
- Open the tracking client, press fly and
purchase fuel for your flight if needed.Press fly again in the tracking client.
- In your sim, Taxi to the runway and take off. You should get details in flight
simulator of your flight state, if you dont see somthing (taxi in progress) something is wrong with your fligh. Fly your aircraft to the destination and land.
- Taxi to the gate of the destination airport and apply your park brake.
- The park brake will
end your flight. And you will get details on your flight within the tracking client.
- Maximise the tracking client and you will see it asking for a
comment. Comments are optional.
- Then press Next. It may take time to
- You will get basic statistics on your flight. Keep pressing the next
button throught to the final page then press End flight or next.
- Your flight is finished, you can view your flight stats on the overview
on FSairlines,and also on our site under the Flights page.
- Also do not exceed 30KTS when taxing.
- This is the Wiki instructions posted by fsairlines.net. http://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/The_First_Flight
Please contact any of our Admin staff if you have any quesitons.